Mike Schmidt walks back sexist remarks m

Philadelphia Phillies Hall of Famer Mike Schmidt apologized Monday for sexist remarks he Carlton Fisk Cool Base White Jersey made during a broadcast the previous day.The comment came while Schmidt, currently a weekend analyst on Phillies games, was discu sing a tweet from Amanda McCarthy, the wife of injured Braves starter Brandon McCarthy. The tweet mentionedthatthe pitcher "still cant do the dishes" after separating his shoulder."I have a dishwasher at home myself: my wife, Schmidt said. That was bad. Actually, Nicky Delmonico Jersey I do the dishes Frank Thomas Cool Base White/Navy Blue Jersey , most of the time.Me Too movement," Schmidt continued. "Where does that fit in?Schmidt said Monday that he made a mistake while attempting to be humorous.It was not my intention to offend anyone, Schmidt said in a statement (via Westwood One). My daughter pa sionately marches in support of the #MeToo movement in Boston, and I support her in every way. Jackie Robinson Jersey I offer my sincerest apologies to those who may have been offended.Schmidt previously has had to apologizefor comments hes made. In June, he said during a radio interview he wouldnt build a team around Phillies Spanish-speaking outfielder Odubel Herrera because of the language Reynaldo Lopez Jersey barrier.Schmidt began calling Sunday home games for the Phillies in 2014.