Smyth has goal in first game back with E

The Oilers got a boost when Smyth, their leading goal-scorer, returned to the lineup after being out almost a month with a broken right thumb. Smyth had a goal in his first game back and a team-high seven shots, Chandler Jones Jersey but the Los Angeles Kings defeated Edmonton 7-4. Smyth, out since Dec. 2, wore a plastic brace under a specially fitted hockey glove in Thursday's contest."All in all I felt pretty good," Rodney Gunter Jersey he said. "There were a few bumps but I expected that."It held up well."But Smyth said the brace did hamper his play somewhat."I'm still a Tyrann Mathieu Jersey little restricted with the brace that I have," he said. "There are a few plays that I wish I could have back."There were some things in front of the net that I could usually do a little quicker. But it was my choice to play."Oilers coach Craig MacTavish had nothing but praise for Smyth."I thought it was a courageous and outstanding game from him," he said. "You stop being surprised with him."I was when I saw how effective he Justin Bethel Jersey was tonight, right from the first shift."MacTavish was comfortable using Smyth despite the brace.